Emergency Dentist in Fernvale, Queensland
What happens during my emergency dental treatment?
When you arrive at Fernvale Dental for your emergency dental appointment, our eager and professional team will welcome you and listen to you and your dental concerns, and then explain what has occurred and what we can do to fix the problem. All treatment options will be discussed and their associated costs so that you are fully informed. Then we will all decide on the best approach to address the issue and remove any pain or discomfort.
Need an Emergency Dentist? Call Us Now
Please contact us for emergency dental care on 07 5427 0880 or make an online booking (available 24/7).
We understand the pain and discomfort that emergency dental problems create, and we make sure that time is the number one priority. Whether you’re 8 or 80, the team at Fernvale Dental is on hand to provide you with quick treatment and quality care, 6 days a week.
Knocked-out tooth? Here’s what to do
A tooth avulsion (knocked-out tooth) occurs quite frequently among those who participate in contact sports. Mouthguards have long been recommended to help prevent this happening, and are responsible for a marked reduction in their occurrence. For future reference, we strongly advice anyone competing in activities that may lead to facial contact to wear a properly fitted mouthguard, whether they’re amateur or professional.
If you have a tooth knocked-out, it’s important to remember that it has a higher chance of being saved if it’s replaced as soon as possible.
If one of your teeth is knocked out, follow these steps:
- Keep calm and locate the tooth.
- Clean the tooth gently with either saline or milk, making sure not to scrub the tooth or make too much contact with the root end.
- If you can, put the tooth back in. Make sure it’s facing the right way (use your other teeth as a guide) and place it back in the socket. Use a bit of force to get it all the way back in.
- If you can’t put it back in, keep it in milk or saline or in the mouth next to the cheek. It’s important the cells of the root stay alive long enough for the tooth to be properly replaced.
- Whether you’re successful in putting the tooth back in or not, make an emergency dental appointment with us as soon as you can.
Our friendly staff are dedicated to ensuring healthy smiles for you and your family.
At Fernvale Dental we strive to provide the very best in quality, affordable dental care.
At Fernvale Dental, we accept all major private health funds and can facilitate on the spot claiming with HICAPS! We are also proud to be part of the Members’ Choice network for Medibank Private, First Choice for NIB, the More for Teeth program with HCF and the Choice Network for CBHS! FIND OUT MORE
Shop 9, 1455 Brisbane Valley Highway, Fernvale, Queensland.
T. 07 5427 0880
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 7:30pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 7:30pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 12:30pm
If you need to reschedule or cancel an existing appointment, please call us on (07) 5427 0880 as we are unable to do this via our contact form.